Terms & Conditions
This website is owned by Intergas UK Ltd. Please find below our Terms and Conditions for Website Trade Accounts.
1. These terms and conditions shall govern all contracts entered into by Intergas UK Ltd of 7E Riverside Road, Riverside Industrial Estate, Southwick, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear (the Company) for the supply and sale of goods and materials. Any variation or addition to the terms and conditions inconsistent therewith in any document of the buyer or which the Customer might seek to impose on the Company is inapplicable unless accepted in writing by the Company.
2. Any tender or offer quotation or other information sent or provided or made available by the company or by any of its representatives to the buyer shall have no contractual effect and shall not be binding on the Company, unless specifically confirmed in writing by the company.
3. In the event of damages the Customer must notify the Company on the day of receipt, as carriers will not accept claims after the expiration of that period. Signing for goods as ‘Unchecked’ will not be accepted.
4. In the event of incorrect goods received. The Customer must notify Intergas UK Ltd with 3 working days of receipt. Claims after this period will not be accepted.
5. Any guarantee on the goods will be limited to the guarantee (if any) which Intergas UK Ltd receives from the manufacturer or supplier.
6. CANCELLATIONS & RETURNS. Once goods have left the Company, cancellation of goods by the Customer can no longer be accepted. Goods can be returned by the Customer at their cost, providing all packaging /display boxes are in good condition and the goods are unused. There will be a 15% handling charge for goods correctly supplied and returned. We cannot be held responsible for any parcels lost whilst being returned to Intergas UK Ltd.
7. FAULTY ITEMS. Goods presented by the Customer to be defective shall not form the subject of any claim for work done or for any loss or damage or expense whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from such defects. Such goods if returned to the Company at the expense of the Customer and provided the complaint has been received by the Company within 14 days from the date of delivery and accepted by the Company as defective, will at the opinion of the Company be repaired or replaced by goods as nearly similar to the goods originally ordered. No defect or damage suffered by the Customer shall be a ground for cancellation of the remainder of the order or contract or for repudiation of the contract.
8. Any time or date of delivery named by the Company or its representatives is an estimate only and the Company shall not be liable for the consequences of any delay and delay will not entitle the Customer to claim damages and/or repudiate the agreement.
9. We will use our best endeavours to deliver promptly in accordance to any time scales stated by us. Deliveries may be wholly or partly suspended and the time of such suspension added to the original contract in the event of a stoppage, delay or interruption as a result in strikes, lock out, trade disputes, delay or interruption in supplies to the Company, acts of state and God, breakdown, accident or any cause whatsoever beyond the control of the Company. We will under no liability what so ever for any failure or delay in despatch, or for any loss or damage whatsoever arising there out.
10. Failure by the Customer to take delivery could result in further carriage charges by the chosen carrier. All extra charges for re-delivery will be paid in full before the goods are delivered.
11. Where goods are sold for delivery outside of the UK, such goods will be sold on an Ex-Works basis or on the basis of such other international trade terms which would need to be agreed in writing.
12. The goods shall be at the Customers risk from the time of delivery to the buyer or to any carrier or agent acting on his/her behalf.
13. We reserve the right to vary our prices without notice. Goods will be supplied at the price ruling at the date of despatch. All prices for goods quoted or displayed on Website are excluding VAT. VAT will be charged at the current rate within the UK.
14. Payment must be received in full before goods are despatched. Credit facilities, subject to credit checks, are available by applying for an Intergas UK Ltd account. Full terms and conditions will apply.
15. It is the Customers responsibility to ensure that the goods ordered comply with and are fitted in accordance with the requirements of the country or jurisdiction in which it is to be used. The product(s) must be installed by a suitably qualified person.
16. Intergas UK Ltd will not be liable for (and the Customer shall indemnify the Company against claims arising there from) loss or damage suffered by reason of use of the goods after the Customer becomes aware of a defect or after circumstances which should reasonably have indicated to the Customer the existence of a defect.
17. Any dispute under the contract shall be referred exclusively to the Courts of Sunderland. These conditions and the contract shall be subject to and construed in accordance with English Law.
This policy explains about the information we may collect about you through the use of our website.
1. Buying of goods through the website requires us to know your name, address, email address, telephone number and credit card details. This information is used to process your order.
2. Email addresses will be stored in order to allow us to process any orders you make and to communicate with you on the despatch of goods or services ordered.
3. Email addresses can be stored in order to send offers or news about products or Intergas UK Ltd. There will always be an option to opt out of these emails with an ‘Unsubscribe’ option in the emails.
4. We will never pass on any of your details to any third party companies, unless you have given permission in writing.
5. Cookies* are used to enhance your experience on our website. If you do not wish to accept Cookies, you should set up your web browser accordingly.
6. Cookies on our website will never store personal data.
7. Security procedures are in place to ensure the safety of your information.
8. Changing your personal data such as emails, address, name or payment details, can all be done through logging onto your account.
*Cookies. A small text file (up to 4KB) created by a Web site that is stored in the user's computer
either temporarily for that session only or permanently on the hard disk (persistent cookie). Cookies
provide a way for the Web site to recognize you and keep track of your preferences.